The guiding principle of SAP Cloud Platform is to provide easy adoption by leveraging and using open standards and established open source components. This principle is the driving force behind SAP’s commitment to Cloud Foundry in the evolution of SAP Cloud Platform.
Cloud Foundry is an open source project with a broad community governed by the Cloud Foundry Foundation, where SAP is a platinum member and active contributor.
Together, SAP Cloud Platform and Cloud Foundry technology combine to deliver a robust and flexible enterprise cloud innovation platform from which you can build, deploy and manage business applications.
Cloud Foundry simplifies the deployment of applications built with or on top of SAP Cloud Platform by providing flexibility of deployment models and access to new markets for the entire ecosystem.
• Quickly and easily adopt new emerging technologies like Internet of Things
• Discover new business opportunities, and create new revenue streams
• Innovate on a powerful enterprise-grade development and deployment platform
• Extend your current cloud apps to add new features and personalization unique to your business
• Easily modernize your current on-premises applications into beautiful, mobile-ready assets your team can use right now
• Deploy pre-built app extensions created by SAP and our partners to quickly and easily achieve business esults
• Reduce development costs and time to market with expanded buildpacks
• Build on open standards with SAP Enterprise Support for Java, Node.js and Staticfile (HTML5) buildpacks
• Bring your own language (BYOL) with support for community buildpacks (e.g. PHP, Python, Ruby, Go)
SAP is a Founding Platinum Level Member of the Cloud Foundry Foundation, an independent not for profit Linux Foundation Collaborative Project, whose purpose is to drive global awareness and adoption of the Cloud Foundry open source project and foster a vibrant community of contributors
To this end, SAP has established a new Cloud Foundry Dojo in Walldorf, Germany, dedicated to educating and growing the community, and leads key open source initiatives, such as the Cloud Foundry BOSH OpenStack CPI project.
Posted by Matthias Steiner on June 7, 2016
SAP HANA Cloud Platform (HCP) is at the core of SAP’s technology strategy – that much was plain to see for everyone again at SAPPHIRE NOW a few days ago. And while that is little news for the techies around given HCP was left, right and center in all SAP TechEd keynotes...
Posted by Rui Nogueira on May 16, 2016
Those of you following the blog posts here on SCN around the SAP HANA Cloud Platform (HCP) know that SAP has been investing a lot in opening up the platform more and more...
Posted by Rui Nogueira on November 9, 2015
From my last blog post around the continuous evolution on SAP HANA Cloud Platform with Cloud Foundry and OpenStack you know how and why SAP is investing in the Cloud Foundry...